Some teens struggle socially, for many reasons.
Adolescents may choose to isolate themselves, or it may happen as a result of exclusion by their peers. For example:
- Isolation can be caused by the way these teens look, dress, act, or a combination thereof.
- Moodiness and erratic or volatile behavior can drive adolescents away from their peer group.
- Shyness can be a cause of social isolation.
- Some adolescents may be ostracized by peers due to their excelling academically or underachieving.
- Adolescents who spend too much time on the internet or playing video games can lose touch with their friends, replacing genuine social interaction with online conversations with strangers.
- A depressed adolescent often loses interest in everyday activities, dropping out of social groups at school.
Does your teen know how to:
- Really listen?
- Make new connections?
- Let others get to know them?
- Express what they feel and need?
- Recognize hidden agendas in others?
- Communicate respectfully within the family?
- Set appropriate limits with regards to their bodies?
- Be assertive (not aggressive) in their communication?
I work with adolescents one-on-one to identify areas where they can improve their social skills, and teach them tips and tricks to improve those skills. I can teach your teen how to feel more empowered in social situations. Working together with in just a short time, they will learn:
- Conflict management
- How to be more assertive
- How to gain and keep more friends
- How to be confident in social situations
Give your teen the gift of a lifetime by allowing me to demonstrate the support I can offer.
Menu of Services Offered:
- Free Initial Consultation >
- Effective Parenting Classes >
- Adolescent Counseling 11-18 >
- Social Skills Assessment & Coaching >
- Young Adult Life Skills Coaching 19-24 >
Taking the Trouble out of the Teen Years
Providing service for: Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Culver City, Los Angeles, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Venice, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, and Topanga Canyon.